HTML/JavaScript

Image Map

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Celebrating Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all!  I know lots of awesome moms and mommas to be.  You are truly amazing ladies and I tip my hat to all of you.  But there is one lady in particular that I have to take a moment to honor.  And that's my mom, Margot.
My amazing mother with me.  Man, I totally rocked that bowl cut.




























My mom's pretty awesome.  Here are five reasons why:
  1. She started a business with my dad 10 days before I was born.  Can you imagine being that pregnant and starting a new business?  I can't.
  2. Over the years, she has lived in four different states, DC, and Australia. 
  3. She has worked at and attended Inaugural Balls in DC.
  4. Not only was she my Girl Scout Troop leader, but my sister's as well.
  5. She can really sew! For my 50s-themed birthday party in second grade, she made felt poodle skirts for 20-some odd children to decorate and take home.  And pretty much every single Halloween costume and Christmas dress I wore growing up was made by her.
This Friday the two of us are jetting off to Niagara Falls, Ontario for a long weekend of sight-seeing and pampering.  I'm really excited to be spending time with her in Canada.  Now I realize that the word "abroad" is in the name of this blog and that not many Americans consider Canada as abroad.  But I looked up the meaning of the word, and here's Google's definition:
via
Looks like it does count.  Plus, you need a passport in order to get in so that has to count for something.  So I've decided to write about our long weekend in Canada.  It's going to be nice to take a long break with her before my wedding, which is only a little over four months away (woah - what?!?).  I love you, Mom and I can't wait to explore Niagara with you!
Me, my sister, and our mom at my sister's college graduation.


No comments: