HTML/JavaScript

Image Map

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Boo Cold. Yay Sun!

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I hate the cold.  A lot.  Which is weird because I went to school in cold places and absolutely love hockey.  I know that DC has been having a rather mild winter comparatively (Snowmageddon anyone?) but I want out.  No more biting winds, promises of snow, boots, hats, coats, or spirithoods (what the hell is with those anyway?).  I’ve hit my limit.

So taking a page out of last year’s book, Mike and I have decided to fly south for the winter again.  Well, for two weeks of it anyway.  We’re off to Rio de Janeiro on Monday for Carnival!  Both of us are excited to experience what is supposed to be one of the biggest parties of the year.  We will be staying in a hostel owned by a friend of my family’s in the Laranjeiras neighborhood.  Needless to say, I’m pumped!  I’ve even been learning some Portuguese with the help of Rosetta Stone (thanks Mom!) and let me tell you, the pronunciation is some kind of strange.  Every time I think I have it down, something wacky comes up and I feel like I’m back at square one.  But I’ve learned how to say “drinking,” so I think I’m good to go.

As you can probably guess, I’m going to start posting here again while we’re in Brazil.  I might be able to post pictures this time as well so you all can get a taste of our trip.  But we're not quite there yet and I still have work to do.  It's so hard to focus with so little time left before we leave!  For now though, it's back to the grind...

No comments: