HTML/JavaScript

Image Map

Friday, November 23, 2012

Why Turks and Caicos Will Always Hold a Special Place in My Heart

Back in May, I was messing around on the internet (like any good millennial) and decided that Mike and I should go away for a long weekend in November to celebrate being together for three years.  After searching Kayak and JetSetter, we picked Turks and Caicos.  It wasn't super expensive and not terribly far away, so it looked like the perfect place to escape to.

A few months later, Mike was diagnosed with cancer.  When the doctors finished removing all the cancerous tissue, we knew that this would also be a trip to celebrate overcoming that obstacle.  Needless to say, we were both looking forward to our long weekend away for many reasons.  But Mike had an additional reason that he was keeping from me.

Our first night there we had crummy weather, which I thought was making Mike antsy.  After all, we had been on a plane for the better part of the day.  He was pacing around the room, trying to find any reason to go outside. Once the rain let up, I agreed to go for a walk around the resort.

In the middle of our resort was this very cool pool that had a waterfall and many little bridges that you could walk across.  Mike told me to look for a place for us to sit. While I was looking for a dry chair, I suddenly hear Bruno Mars' "Marry You"  starting to play.  I spin around and see Mike down on one knee, holding out a ring, asking me to marry him.  Needless to say, my answer was yes.  I was so overcome with emotion that it took me a couple minutes to actually take the ring from him.  And as you can see, Mike did a great job picking it out.

As of right now, we don't have much of anything in the way of wedding plans.  It will probably be awhile before we do.  But we want to thank everyone for all your warm wishes. It really means a lot to us.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I know I did :)
The bridge where he proposed.

1 comment:

sherri said...

what an awesome story - thanks for sharing it :) so so happy for you guys